Lost an earring back again? Here’s some quick fixes to keep your earring on when the backing has disappeared into the land of missing left socks.
- Pencil eraser – Although this is the most known, pencils are a dying breed. If you happen to have a No. 2 near by, definitely use it, but if instead you’re part of the paperless trend here are some alternatives.
- Tape – Any variety will do. In an earring back emergency, fold up some tape and poke your earring through to secure.
- Rubber band – Here’s another office supply that you can snag in a pinch. Just poke the earring through the rubber band then trim each side. For heavier earrings or the extra careful wearer, double up the punctures by folding over the band.
- Wine cork – Be you a sommelier or a lush, remove a tiny piece of cork from your open bottle to keep your earring right where it belongs.
- Unchewed gum – UNCHEWED… just wanted to make sure that part was clear. Chewing it first could lead to a very interesting new haircut. Just break off a piece and voila! A new earring back awaits you.
- Lint roller – Follow the same instructions as the tape. I love these two options because I feel the the adhesive adds extra support.
- Stress ball – Your earring back came off somewhere, you’re so upset you reach for your trusty stress ball, and the most brilliant idea takes hold! Just rip off a tiny chunk to get you through the day!
- Gummy bear or any fruit snack – I think you’re starting to get the picture… just rip or cut off a chunk and slide the earring through.
- Red wax on Babybel cheese – So I snack a lot… Babybel or any similarly contained food will work by just ripping off a part of the waxy wrapper.
- Earplugs – Our final hack is another ear accoutramont. Earplugs’ spongy texture is perfect for a makeshift earring back. Cut or rip off a tiny piece of it and keep your earrings where they belong all night long.
These are all great when you need a quick fix for a lost earring back, but for long term fixes craft stores all carry replacement backings, and Amazon is a sure bet if you don’t feel like leaving the house.
Want a new pair of earrings each month for only $3.49? Learn more about our earring subscription here: www.earfleek.com